Problem with logging on https://pims.syzygy.ca/ colab

Hi,

I was able to use it a week ago and now I cannot access it and this is the error message. I have not changed my location and my internet is still the same I used to be able to access.

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /jupyter/user/armeros/git-pull .

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Could you please tell me what is going on and suggest me how to use it ? As stated in the lecture, I prefer to use this as the environment setup is more consistent with the lecture than Google Colab.

Thanks!

It seems this might be related to the fact that I tried to pip install pyspark. My regular account cannot access while other gmail account can.

Hi there. Alas, it seems to work great for me, so I think this is independent of the datascience lecture.

As a free service without the resources of colab, I think you shouldn’t expect too many resources (e.g. pyspark may be too much).

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. I can no longer use pims.syzygy.ca/ with my account. I need to use other account. However, PySpark can be used for google colab and it runs nicely.

1 Like