[Notification] Upcoming migration to Discourse Forum

Hi QuantEcon Forum.

As part of an ongoing effort to improve our infrastructure - we will soon upgrade this Google Group forum to use a modern web forum powered by discourse.org.

We are currently working out how to migrate the current google groups content and discussions to the new discourse.org site. Once this is accomplished we will send out invitations to all current members of this forum for the new forum which will be hosted at: discourse.quantecon.org.

Please bear with us during this transition and thanks for your patience.

I will post any further updates in this discussion thread …

I am looking forward to visiting the new forum, thank you very much for your work on this.

Perhaps you have already considered this yourself, but I thought I would let you know that I came across a MathJax plugin for Discourse that seems to be under active development: https://github.com/kasperpeulen/discourse-mathjax

I am not sure whether it is stable enough to be usable. Support for LaTeX on the new forum would be fantastic, in my opinion. Then again, if you don’t really care for it, just ignore my suggestion.

My best wishes,

Sebastiaan.

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thanks for your message and reporting that MathJax extension.

We would love to get mathjax support on the new discourse forum – and it is high up on our todo list.

In the meantime you may want to use “Math Anywhere” extension for Chrome – which will render any latex syntax embedded on the forum for you for viewing.

Cheers,
Matt

1 Like